City And Guilds 2365 Level 3

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westwood1985

Reaction score
hi all,

I recently completed eal level 2 nvq at my local college and want to study level 3, theonly level 3 the college offers is the city and guilds 2365. would I be able to do this course with my eal level 2 or would I need to do the city and guilds 2365 level 2 first?

thanks in advance

thanks for your reply. I should've said, I meant the city and guilds 2365 level3 diploma, i was told I need a level 2 first but they didnt know if I had to do the 2365 level 2 or if my eal level 2 would be enough.

thats what I feared, doing the eal level 2 was probably a waste of time then. thanks for your help.

Not necessarily, in the 2365 I'm sure you can have accreditted prior learning which exempts you from some of the units.  Check city and guilds website and have a look at the handbook for the 2365

Both EAL and C&G qualifications are of equal standing with the QCF standards. This means you should be able to carry on to the level 3 as Mikel stated (you may need to do a `bridging assignment` to cover topics not included in both qualifications though). I work in a college where we are delivering EAL and are asking them to recognise C&G L2 and would assume (I know thats dangerous!) that C&G would do the same.

Be careful when describing your qualifications as the C&G 2365 and EAL equivalent are college based, whereas the NVQ`s are work evidence based (the C&G 2357 and EAL QELTK, the apprenticeship programmes include both elements)

I hope this helps

that sounds good, I'll phone the college and city and guilds on tuesday and see what they say. thanks for all your help everyone.

thanks for the info Andy, I'll just ring the college tomorrow, hopefully they will be able to tell me.