Tumble Dryer Heater

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im assuming I should get 230v at the heating element of a tumble dryer,

Im getting <20v at mine, so obviously not heating up,

Im thinking a shot PCB, and dont want to be replacing an element if its not faulty,

I can get a PCB for about 30£ on ebay, so willing to take the chance, but if it needs an element as well then its starting to get uneconomical,,,,,,,,,

its not an expensive dryer, but a fix would still be cheaper than a new one,  :|

That's a posh TD.

Mine has a mechanical time clock with a switch contact to turn the heater on.
:slap

Im glad you think so,,,,,,,

wee had it about 6years and its been hammered for that time, what with now having a 5yo it used to be on constantly,

and all its ever needed so far has been a belt, no surprise really as the wife regularly overloads it,

ie, keep putting stuff in til the door wont close.!

I thought ALL td elements were standard resitive jobbies - chuck a meter on the ends to prove em ok / bin fodder?

having a PCB seems like a sledgehammer to open a peanut - but what do I know?

well, had a poke around, resistances seem ok at the elements,

just shorted out a live to an element feed and they get hot,

shot PCB by the looks of it, nothing obvious that I can see, loads of SMDs though  :(

its either this at 1/4 the price I can buy a new one for, with guarantee et al, and TBH Im surprised its lasted this long anyway,

how long before more stuff starts to go wrong? ,,,,,

They are prone to failure cause they're usually mechanical and they can be a pain to find because they're almost never together in the same place. Sometimes the push on terminals also start to overheat and smolder. 

ok, so 1 of the thermal trips is dead short, 0.06ohms, one is 11ohms, 1 is around 400k ohms, have shorted them all out and still no joy  :(

am starting to lose the will to live TBH  :shakehead

these things just seem too over engineered,,,,,,,,

Ah yes Beko,  the Fire Brigades favourite ( isnt it?)

just a thought, with all the Beko stuff bursting into flames , it isnt one with a recall on it is it?

p

just a thought
at least it would get warm that way,,,,,,,,,,

dunno, how do I find out if its a recall?

btw, its goosed, it went kinda pop on me,  :C

Affected model numbers:

DCU6130B, DCU6130S, DCU6130W, DSC64S, DSC64W, DC7110W, DC7041W, DCU7230B, DCU7230S and DCU7230W.
not mine  :(