Beko Cuisine Master 100 Double Oven

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonBB

Reaction score
Hello All

I have the above cooker and the main oven has stopped working.  There appears to be no power when you turn on the switch.  I have had a look and all the wiring has no apparent faults (breaks or burns).  All hobs and fan oven work fine.  

There are 6 poles on the switch, 3 on each side

on the left is 

Yellow trace going to the top connector for the oven element

Red trace going to the lamp (Oven on indicator) 

Black trace going up into the hob area

On the right is 

Black trace going up into the hob area

Blue trace coming from the switch next to oven switch

Brown trace going to what I assume is the resistor unit behind the switch (I think this is what controls the heat level)

I am unsure which is the power in and how to test it.  

I have a multi meter and am familiar with car and house electrics but am not sure what to test here.

I presume there is a permanent live and a switch live once you turn the switch on....?

Can anyone advise please

Regards

Jon

I'm not familiar with your specific oven/hob but I'd suggest you double check the electronic clock control if it has one. I've encountered several domestic ovens that didn't work simply because the controller had accidentally been set on automatic or had been set to come on at a certain pre-programmed time.

Thanks, Ill dig out the instructions and check that, though the problem is a year old now.  We have just been lazy till now and used the fan oven.

Jon

I have checked the manual and reset the clock etc so it is now running in manual mode.  Still no joy.  I am sure it is a power feed issue.

Sorry to hear that, it was worth a try though. It sounds like you've already visually checked for obvious electrical problems so unless you have a circuit diagram and the ability to fault-find this type of appliance I'd suggest a call to an appliance repair company would be the best bet.