Scam Email

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
 Nearly fell for this as I was expecting Amazon stuff .  But it didn't feel right.

From  DHL INC 

"We couldn't deliver your order on 11 Oct  if you don't contact us within 72 hours the parcel will be returned to sender etc ..."

Googled DHL INC  to find its a scam of some sort.

Had loads of them. All my rich African relatives must have died.

I read of a scam in the states where a package worth about £20K was returned, but it was old water bottles to the same weight as  the  order. The scammer then tried to use the couriers proof to demand his money but luckily it was all on CCTV .

Here's one I had this week,,,, notice the complete lack of detail

----------

Hello, I am writing in an unusual case ... Some time ago, I used your services, and one of your employees face was familiar to me. At dinner with my wife, it turned out that he was a burglar, who 5 years ago broke into our home!!! This is ridiculous!!! How you can hire criminals? I found at least 3 bad entries for him at website for background check!! I am sure there are more!!! Please do something about it, things like that are ridiculous!!!

----------

It came form a gmail account,,, I was thinking of setting up a temporary hotmail address and replying to it in a "Genuine" manner asking for them to supply more details ,,, like work address, the work that "we" carried out, the date that the work was carried out,, crime reference number etc.... I still might

Nearly fell for this as I was expecting Amazon stuff .  But it didn't feel right.

From  DHL INC 

"We couldn't deliver your order on 11 Oct  if you don't contact us within 72 hours the parcel will be returned to sender etc ..."

Googled DHL INC  to find its a scam of some sort.
Thanks for heads up , there seems to be hundreds of email scams doing the rounds.

i got one suggesting i had cancer.

it was addressed to my email address, not my name. that was of course the biggest hint.

that and the fact that i havent had a blood test recently

i deleted spam file this morning, tonight it has 36 new bits of crap including the following from a doctor no less......

I just received a Call from the Director of dhl Courier Company Benin that your
atmCard that was sent to you Last year was returned due to wrong address, Your
Dollars worth $ 4.7Millions confirmed to be your over due Inheritance
Contractual Call the Director Compensation fund.Therefore (Mr. Edward Williams
) on Tel Phone: (+229-9832-7556) Email address: ( [email protected] ) and
give him your correct address and Phone number.Use this code (XA-8550) as the
subject of your mail to them for identification.
Thanks,
Dr. Richard Wood