Interesting Article On Uk Offshore Wind

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interesting. As it forms part of my degree I found the info very useful on a research basis. Thank you and scoobed!!

I like turbines, its like watching the waves or wind blowing through tall grass, I also like the fact it's a very visible reminder to the public that leccy doesn't magic itself from nowhere. I also get fed up with the spoiling the countryside argument - the mountains and hills have were deforested 1000s of years ago, and since when did nature plant trees in nice little box patterns and fill them with mono-culture planting. There's sod all natural about the countryside, much as I like it.

not everyone agrees. Horizon did a good programme the other week on climate change pro and con. Personally i don't need convincing, but we've had a few arguments on here :slap

Recent election of a majority Conservative government will most likely be bad news for wind farms in the UK. See the Wind Power Monthly article "UK Election Spells Bad News for Offshore Wind!

Like everything else from the wheel, to the windmill, tax tax tax. The wheel was invented, then came the car, them came fuel tax, car tax, and even a green tax.

The windmill came, then the wind turbine, and guess what, somebody wants a pound of flesh, sound familiar? Yes you've got it Wind Turbine tax.

For something so inefficient, as the poor old electro-mechanical, regularly breaking down, windy-mill, to be taxed, is a disgrace.

I work with this industry, and it is getting hammered from all sides, instead of supporting 150%, something, that alleviates, the need for purchasing over priced energy fuels, it seems, the end user of lecky, will never see a financial benefit !!