Solar Panel Installation To Power 4200Watts Device For 12Hours

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TENNY

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a project to specify solar panel equiptment required to power a 4200 watts refregirator over a 12 hours period. I calculated the equipment wattage over 12 hours to be (50,400 watts at 4200 watts per hour). A total of 168 solar panel unit (at 300watts solar panel unit) would be required to generate this type of output  at once. Also a 24volts 200amp/hour battery will give me 4200watts/hour which means a total of 12 batteries would be needed to power the device for 12 hours but i would make this 15 batteries for elasticity sake.

My question is do i really need this much solar panel unit (168 solar panel unit at 300watts each) for this installation ?

All comments are welcome, I will like to read from solar professional on how to properly calculate solar system power output

Thanks!

I don't do solar but I can see that you're way off in your calculations

First off you have a load of 4.2kW (refrigeration units)

Then you have your batteries to charge which are in addition

Once you have the total load you need to work in the efficiency of the solar panels for the amount of daylight that you expect and also any losses that are inherent in the components that you are using