Need Some Help With Some Tricky Questions Please?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allsortscraig

Reaction score
Hi all,

this is not homework, this is me checking if the answers I have are right.

1) a Low resistance ohm meter is thought to be faulty, what are the 2 methods of checking this?

I can only think of Test on a known resistance value resister to see if the meter is reading correctly.

2) State 4 different reasons for using a electrical instalation certificate.

I can only think of - New installation, additional curcuit installation to origional curcuit, and replacement of installation.

3) Why is is nessisary to isolate electrodes used on a TT system before testing.

Thanks guys

Hi all,

this is not homework, this is me checking if the answers I have are right.

1) a Low resistance ohm meter is thought to be faulty, what are the 2 methods of checking this?

I can only think of Test on a known resistance value resister to see if the meter is reading correctly.

You are correct a known resistance value would show a fault, however there is a more widely used method remember you may have more than one tester or another electrician may have one.

2) State 4 different reasons for using a electrical instalation certificate.

I can only think of - New installation, additional curcuit installation to origional curcuit, and replacement of installation.

The answer to this should be very easy to find in your books, you are almost right but check again.

3) Why is is nessisary to isolate electrodes used on a TT system before testing.

You have not given an answer to this question. What you have to think about is what happens during testing, what is connected and will anything happen to the results if not isolated.

Thanks guys
See my red above,