2Nd Year Electricians Apprentice Looking For New Placement (West Berkshire/east Wilthshire)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenHGMoores

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Ben Moores, i am posting here to enquire about whether any company is/would be willing/able to take me on as a second year electrician's apprentice either as an apprentice or as an electricians mate. I have experience from my current workplace, and i also work well to deadlines in a teamwork situation, i can also find solutions to problems using my initiative well.
I am currently 18 years of age, with a years worth of experience in the electrical manufacturing industry (creating circuits, flash testing, pat testing, measuring resistance values, wiring up transformers into boxes any many other skills)
I also have my own car and can therefore travel.
Im based in Hungerford, but can travel to Swindon, Thatcham, Newbury, Marlborough and surrounding area's.
I am currently doing an electricians apprenticeship at my workplace, but due to unforseen circumstances and changes in staff, my boss is unable to provide me with the adequate training i need for my L3 Diploma in Electrotechnical Technology, due to this, i feel i have to find a new placement in order to pass my course.
I really wish to continue with my apprenticeship, but working where i currently do, i do not feel i will gain the skills needed to pass the course to a high standard.
I have spoken to my college course manager and they are willing for me to continue the course and find a new work placement. My current boss is also willing to support me in my move and will supply a reference if required.

Please contact me by phone on: 07796480614
I can supply an email address and a CV if required.
Thankyou very much for your time, any response or information is much appreciated.

All the best, a tough time out there at the mo for apprentices. I have had 3 people call the office to day looking for work. Not many are taking on so if you get some where dont complain about wages ect. 

Just my advice 

If im honest, im not bothered at all about my wages, im happy with apprenticeship wages, for the past year i was on 3.50 an hour.
So that isnt what bothers me, the reason im looking for a new placement is purely and simply because my boss doesnt have the manpower or resources to be able to train me to the standard i need, and this is also due to the fact my company doesnt do any site work anymore due to loss of staff.