Cat Has Something Gumming Up His Fur

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On his back; just above the tail. 

It looks / feels like its matted with resin or sap from a tree, or something. It isn`t bothering him, or tender to the touch - but he looks scruffy around there; and doesn`t make any effort to do anything with it.

I seem to think I`ve heard of something you can put on to remove the glue / goo from his fur - but not a clue what it may be, or where to get it.

Any ideas? Or do I just ignore it?

Thanks `Pache :x

if its not bothering him and just makes him scruff try washing it off just saying. wet wipe or damp cotton wool will do it or as special location said wd40 lol

if you don't value your skin, bathing the cat is fun - I've done this once, I still have the scars :slap

had to do it on a kitten many years ago, she was to young for flea treatment, but a bit infested - we got her from a farm. Worked a treat.

@ `pache - no mate - haven`t shaved the area....... To be honest, his coat isn`t that thick - I`m sure its only in the fur - not the skin - but I`ll check ( pretty sure he`ll let me ;) )

@slipslap - I`m not sure putting the cat in the freezer is a good idea......... :innocent

@ trailer boy - I`d have thought that, if the cat were to lick the WD40 residue off his fur, it`d make him ill........................

@ Blue Ash / Binky - Yes mate-  I was thinking of that approach - but, although he has a really good temperament; I`m not convinced he`ll be happy with a wash - and I think its too gummed for a wet wipe - but I can try it.............. 

A same sized pellet will leave the muzzle at the same speed, with the same energy and travel the same distance irrespective of the calibre of shotgun.

I thought you were good enough to cope with the .410's pattern ;)

The forum will be getting stalked by animal rights activists " it's furry and cute, I will therefore have to kill you" :DeadHorse: :DeadHorse: :DeadHorse:   not quite an appropiate smilie!

as for what i think of the animal loonies :maria:

oh yes,

do we have :maria:   as a permanent smilie now ?  :D

Im liking this too  :shotgun:  

but this :steptoe:   is what I want :maria:   to be doing  :pmsl: