Another Load Of Bs From The Nic After The Hoc 'grilling'?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From that linked page

In the event that the NICEIC registered installer is no longer able to rectify work that is unsafe or does not meet the required regulations, NICEIC will commission remedial work to make the work compliant using an alternative contractor up to the maximum value of £25,000. This is subject to exclusions which can be seen by clicking here.
And when you "click here" you get Page Not Found http://www.niceic.com/Householder/Platinum-Promise/Exclusions

Who are these NIC you speak of? Anyones domestic customers ever heard of them or prat pee?

As far as I was aware that was always the deal no?

Seems like an empty promise to me. :(

Kerching I have an NIC assesment in a couple of weeks perhaps I will run that by them? :D

Canoeboy said:
The only promise they have is to take you money and then try to fleece you some more if they can, if they get complaints the don't uphold them, they sweep them under the carpet, no-one gets kicked out - the cheque has cleared and next year there will be another cheque - all the scams are the same (so this is not a dig at the NIC) - money making gravy train

Its all about MONEy not SAFETY springs to mind again….
Aren't you forgetting the 2% of the 10% that leave?

:slap

At least she knew what a percentage was :|

Last edited by a moderator:
Ms Clancy was asked "what percentage of contractors get the boot from her scheme "

10% she. Replied

"you kick out xxxxx of contractors for malpractice?" the mp looked shocked.

No 10% leave for various  reasons.

"so again how many have you booted out"

Ah well urrm 2%

"what 2% of the total membership or 2% of the 10% that leave"

2% of the 10% (looking pleased as punch with her quick answer).

"well that's not many of your total membership" at which point the penny drops with EC

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest last year they contacted me to provide a price to install the correct size cabling to 2 shower installs. The original installer refused to correct the work and decided to throw the towel in and so say retired. The customer had an issue with a pull switch, so called British Gas who they had a home maintenance with, they refused to correct saying it was wired incorrectly, the customer then contacted the NIC, who instructed an AC to carry out a full test and inspection. From this they then approached 3 contractors to submit quotes to rectify. The work is paid for by the insurance company that covers NIC contractor work.

Ms Clancy was asked "what percentage of contractors get the boot from her scheme "

10% she. Replied

"you kick out xxxxx of contractors for malpractice?" the mp looked shocked.

No 10% leave for various  reasons.

"so again how many have you booted out"

Ah well urrm 2%

"what 2% of the total membership or 2% of the 10% that leave"

2% of the 10% (looking pleased as punch with her quick answer).

"well that's not many of your total membership" at which point the penny drops with EC
should definetly be kicking out more.....