Advice On Water Supply Into House

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starsi360

Reaction score
Hi all

I have suspicions that my water supply is making me ill, not sure yet but I drink a lot of tap water and I have a hunch this may have been the problem (dizziness, nausea etc).

Anyway, went to look at my stop-tap which is located next to my front door to see if there are lead pipes (there arent), BUT there is a weird 'gunk' hanging down in several places... without wanting to be too gross, it looks like what you might blow out of your nose during a bad cold :-/  - stringy gooey stuff thats clear, black and even a bit green in places.  It's hanging directly fron the tap joint itself.  Any idea what this is and if it's  a cause for concern?

Thanks

Simon

Asking advise on a forum is not the thing to do in this instance. You are having problems that should be diagnosed by a doctor. I seriously doubt it will be the water, otherwise your neighbours would have the same symptoms.

Better off asking on a plumbers forum, but the cold feed will always get condensation on the outside, this mixed with the various metals (copper, brass, steel) that the pipe and fittings may contain & general dust & dirt may form these 'snots' you see hanging.