Cables

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I would be appreciate if anybody can help me with this question. 

Explain the applications, advantages and limitations for each of the following types of cables:

Considerations for each should include: ambient temperature , effect of moisture on insulation, corrosive substances, UV rays, damage by animals, mechanical stress and vibration damage, aesthetic considerations

a)Single and multicore thermoplastic and thermosetting insulated cables. b)Insulated and sheathed flat cables with protective conductor. c)data cables(twisted pair)

Many thanks in advance

Going on from Canoe;  you could read the On Site Guide,

look at all the cable standards  (BS and BSEN types) &

then use them to do internet searches. 

If you have a copy of the regs (BGB) you would do well to

look in appendix 1 (page 277) and make a note of all the

cable standards listed.  Use these as internet searches &

find out about the suitability, ratings, core numbers, materials

and applications.

I will repost comments I made on another recent thread which should be helpful: 

Welcome to the forum, I will just point out that a lot of our members are working a full day, a lot are running their own businesses, but they are more than willing to give up their own free time to assist someone with a well laid out question where the person posting has expressed their level of understanding of an issue and any areas they are struggling with. However very few actually like doing other peoples homework for them when the person asking hasn't even tried to answer the question themselves. This was briefly pointed out in your other thread http://talk.electric...n-a-substation/. May I suggest you will get a far better response if you asked a question in the format of; "I think that the reason for "A" is because of "B" and "C", but I do not understand "D" can anyone help explain please?" Rather than a "I need to know everything about "A"". It can just come across as a bit selfish and lazy if you don't even try to answer something yourself first, showing your present understanding. The forum is not a homework generator, you can use places such as google & wikipedia for your research. I trust you take this the way it is intended.
Doc H.

hahaha, is this the assignment for 305?. I am sure that you can come up with at least a couple of examples for each cable. Think logicaly of each external influence...

Theres only one thing that part pees me off more than some arrogant student thinking they can get their work done for them, and that's when some pillock does just that

Latest posts