The Lychees!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpend

"It Just Is"
Reaction score
Just listening to the radio and can't believe the lychees (sorry lawyers). Apparently now you can make a claim if you've been mis sold solar panels?? Well if that don't open the gates and stop solar in its tracks not sure what will!

In way way has ANYONE been "miss sold" solar?

You are told the benefits (using a standard formula) and told the cost.

Perhaps if I had gone with the first company who came round, I COULD have claimed miss selling as they told me I could take the panels AND FIT with me to a new house if I moved.

The first guy we had round (the one that told us we could take it with us) was just like a double glazing salesman.  He started off with a high price, then started reducing it to get us to bite.

Quite frankly that tactic will never work on me. I take the view you tried to rip me off with a higher price, so I would not on principle give you my custom even if you offered the lowest price in the country.

Still I guess enough are gullible.

Im like that with salesmen

We had one around to quote for double glazing..

He asked what I wanted and I said "your best price first, with no messing around or you'll be wasting your time"

He still did the old... I'll just phone my manager to see if we can do you a deal

We ended up going with a local family run business that we know; he came, measured up, discussed options and then said he'd post the quote which would be non negotiable... payment on completion

Guess who we went with? Oh and he was over £2k cheaper for 2 doors and 7 windows that the national company

Just listening to the radio and can't believe the lychees (sorry lawyers). Apparently now you can make a claim if you've been mis sold solar panels?? Well if that don't open the gates and stop solar in its tracks not sure what will!

Their a fruit, the thing your talking about is a blood sucking creature called a leech whoops sorry you was right in the first place lawyers

Last edited by a moderator:
I like lychees, and totally concur with paddler above - gets frustrating when you lose jobs to bullshooters. Even funnier when customers go for national company quoting £2k less than me and think they are getting as good a system, and think they are being clever.

poor sods not even insured :shakehead . Have fixed quite a few systems under warranty -was looking at another one this morning which has earth leakage on the DC side

Their a fruit, the thing your talking about is a blood sucking creature called a leech whoops sorry you was right in the first place lawyers
Sorry septic, blasted predictive text took over, thought it looked wrong but who am I to argue with the superior PT brain?

Note to self: read it yourself first to correct PT before posting!

Latest posts