Bad Dog :/

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueFlashAsh

Reaction score
my 11yo Kruger American bull is ill. he seems to need more and more water and gulps it down to the extreme basically drinking as much as we put in front of him. we have rationed it a bit because when he drinks to much he is sick and has diarrhoea. my mother thinks he is on his last year as he has been frail and ill on and off for a while now and he has always had bad health (un-descending testicle as pup, achene, other skin problems, heart murmur, cancer above his eye and a few other illnesses to boot) and is getting on for a big dog he's about 50kg was about 60kg in his prime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I missed this. Anything changed?

Doesn't sound good, and kidneys on the list. Don't ever restrict water - if the kidneys are failing and becoming 'leaky' then the dog needs all the fluid it can so as not to become dehydrated and worse.

Was the dog castrated and the retained testicle removed? If not that could have something to do with this.

Dog needs seeing by the vet. Take a urine sample. Likely will require bloods to see what is wrong!

Best of luck

Yeah, I'm no vet but everything is pointing towards kidney problems. AFAIA, dogs can develop a sort of diabetes as well later on. Blood tests required.

soz no replies havent been on in a while. it was his kidneys unfortunately he had to be put down :( bad times will be missed