What Does This Undeliverable Email Message Actually Mean?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I sent an email to a group of friends.

It bounced back from 3 of them, with this message:

*********@btinternet.com>: host mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk[65.20.0.49] said:
    522 IP FOUND IN DNSRBL (please check for IP address listing on common DNS
    RBL services) (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

It seems to only be the ones with an @btinternet email address that have bounced.

I don't think it's because I have their email address wrong.

the message did include a hyperlink to a blog page.

so that is domain host's mail server being blocked by BT then?

I just sent another test email, and it let than one through. So now it's unblocked again?

Probably the blog link was to a website that was flagged as undesirable or maybe on a copyright infringement list in an ISP level filter.

Basically in the UK you can't go anywhere on the internet that's deem unsuitable and the mail you send is scanned and filtered. 

Probably the blog link was to a website that was flagged as undesirable or maybe on a copyright infringement list in an ISP level filter.

Basically in the UK you can't go anywhere on the internet that's deem unsuitable and the mail you send is scanned and filtered
depending on your OS , internet provider , and your ability to change your IP   ;)

but yes, I would agree,

Im still waiting to be confirmed which hand Im supposed to wipe my bum with,,,,,

I sent an email to a group of friends.

It bounced back from 3 of them, with this message:

*********@btinternet.com>: host mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk[65.20.0.49] said:
    522 IP FOUND IN DNSRBL (please check for IP address listing on common DNS
    RBL services) (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

It seems to only be the ones with an @btinternet email address that have bounced.

I don't think it's because I have their email address wrong.

this looks like somebody misconfigured a dns server somewhere and your email service's IP (65.20.0.49) has been added to the Real-time Block List that btinternet.com uses for spam filtering.