Motors ,c&g 2365

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marvin33

Reaction score
Hi guys ,could you please help me with this problem:

State how the following motors may be reversed : series universal a.c. motor , single phase capacitor start motor and shaded pole motor?   Thank you.

Hello Marvin,

Welcome to the forum, :Welcome: , I have moved your topic into the student zone as you will get a better response in here.

It is doubtful that anyone here will give you the answers to your questions directly TBH.

Please have a go and let us know what methods you feel suitable and we will then willingly critique those attempted answers.

For example, if you had one on a 3ph squirrel cage induction motor, and how could this be reversed.

If you had come on and said  something like:

>>>

Hi guys I'm not sure if this is right, but as part of my homework I've been asked how I can reverse the direction of a 3ph squirrel cage induction motor.

I think this can be done by swapping two of the phases at the motor terminal box.

Is this correct?

<<<

We then have the opportunity to explain which bits are wrong and right, or ask you to go into further depth so you can build your underpinning knowledge and grow your competence with the theory side of things.

So, to that end, please come back to us with your ideas on the questions and I'm sure that some of the others around here would be willing to give you some more pointers.

Hello there, presuming you're studying then surely the course text book has all this in? For instance, the Level 3 book by Trevor Linsley Advanced Electrical Installation Work that I had for my 2330 covers motors in depth, all types and I think all the answers you want. After the description of each type there is specific text on reversing that motor..............