Hotpoint Rsa21 Fridge, Light Not Working

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clockwork

Reaction score
hi electrician forums, 1st post ever by me!

If you could help. A 6 litre milk fell at the front top(outs ide) on the fridge by the light. The light instantly stopped working (the front has light at the top, temp gauge in middle/outside. I replaced the bulb with a like for like(genuine, 10w, same markings-best part of £10) but still didn't work. I really need help on how to fix/replace/repair. Could it be the socket/wires inside? The front of the fridge has all the gubbins on a lip at the front-top. Really need help to get this working. Any help would be really appreciated. I'm not in anyway an electrician, so really need some advice/help.

A youtube video of the fridge in question:

(sry, can't post links yet!) On youtube searching : Hotpoint Iced Diamond Fridge Review model no RSAAV21P

Should be the top result, any help would be great&thanks again.

You really want some one who has the experience of working with a hotpoint fridge, electricians can only give an opinion, you might want to try Here

Hey, thanks for the replies!

Ah, ok thanks for the link. I shall ask there aswell! I was looking/reading into changing sockets, but i am in no way an electrician but might have to try if it isn't too difficult.

Hey, thanks for the reply! I've seen the official switches for about £10, really hope it's something simple. Also when replacing the bulb, the old one had blown. Was really hoping it was just the bulb. Kind of worried as i imagine(?) the pcb is in that lip... hope it isn't something more.

Thanks for your replies though guys.

(cant qoute due to link <10 posts)

I was thinking he might be ok, but now hides in the freezer with the polar bear!

In regards to the fridge, i've managed to find the switch/socket on hotpoint&ebay... how difficult would it be to change? (can't link still) The top has the light/switch on the side&the temp change in the middle. Any ideas/help would be great!

so have you actually done any testing to find out the problem, or do you plan on re-building the fridge, piece by piece, until you get it working?

the fault may not even need a new part anyway

Hey Andy, the only thing i've managed to do is replace the bulb (it had blown) Other than that i havent really done anything (i don't own a multimter? etc...) The fridge works, it's just the light/switch that hopefully is the problem. On the front lip there are  two screws (one on each far end) I haven't attempted to take apart just yet,(been trying to find any videos/guides/info) i think if that didn't work i might not many options left - with not being an electrician (i have built a few pc's as the most i've done before) Again thanks for your reply Andy.

The part i think would be if i were to buy: https://parts.hotpointservice.co.uk/b2c_ind2/catalog/setCurrentItem/%28isQuery=yes&xcm=zhotpoint&layout=6_1_64_65_2&uiarea=2&ctype=areaDetails&next=seeItem&carea=0000000053&citem=00000187510000000011%29/.do

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys! I still haven't attempted to fix this atm, with being a tad broke currently ;) I thought the 2 screws on each side of the edge of the fridge would reveal the gubbins, but i think that isn't the case. So i have no real idea how to get the light socket part out currently.

Hey Steptoe, the heavy wieght of the milk fell on it, but no leaking occured. It was just the wieght of the 6 litres of milk landing above on the outside (with it being directly under the light compartment)

Wanted to reply as i saw a new post :)

Hey Andy, thanks for the reply :) Hmmm, i shall have a look and report back to you guys! The socket part is quite inexpensive (About £10) it was just if i could get it to work/fit it in etc... i was even looking at motion activated led thing if push came to shove.

Thanks for the help though, i shall investigate some more and hopefully be able to carefully remove/replace that part. The frige itself works fine. If only the light was on the inside like alot of models/makes usually are.

Latest posts