Anyone Know About Underground Water Stopcocks?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
ALTERNATIVELY THEY CAN BE USED AS A SHUT OFF DEVICE WITH THE OPTION TO FIT A
METER AT A LATER DATE

ALTERNATIVELY THEY CAN BE USED AS A SHUT OFF DEVICE WITH THE OPTION TO FIT A

METER AT A LATER DATE
Yes, but when I asked the seller if the blanking plug comes with them, he didn't know and didn't know where you would get one or what it was called.

I want to be a bit more more certain before I buy them.

My concern is the meter is described as "concentric" so presumably the flow in and out are a small pipe inside a big pipe. So it may be a fancy special plug needed.

I'll try a different seller and see if he knows more about what he is selling.

Dave, I'm sure a man of your calibre can manage to bung up a hole. a two part epoxy putty, fibreglass pannel repair for cars etc would do the job fine, even if you can't get a proper plug.

They are cheap, I'd just order them.

Well there are two people selling them on the bay at the moment.

The second one has confirmed they do come with the blanking plug already so can be used as a stopcock just as they are.

So although he's £1 dearer, he gets my custom because he knows a bit more about what he is selling.

Dave

When I built my first house all I did was Dig a hole for the water company to make their connection.

The meter is less than 100mm diameter.

I then got a piece of 150mm waste pipe and set this over the meter. Cut the waste pipe to the required level and just buy the cap to cover.

Job done.

this isn't for the water company. It's my own internal water "distribution network"

I'm going to have three of these, all downstream of the water Co's stopcock and meter.  One will feed a standpipe, one will feed a static caravan, and the third will go off to feed the house (when it's built).  So each can be isolated independently.

Can you not have 2 tee pieces and an elbow from the supply side with stopcock and meter for each of the distribution pipes and enclose them all in the same underground chamber?