Sickly Manky Mutt Jnr.!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Our younger Jack Russell has been really ill early this evening, sick about 7 times around the house, pale gums, and shivering!

Not looking good.

Been to the Vet, had a jab & some medication, this has knocked her for six, but, she is still not well.

Vet thinks she has ingested something poisonous, but, she has had nothing around the house, unless she has swallowed a coin battery whole!

However, where she would have got that from I don't know.

Nothing in the garden unless, these is something on the compost heap that could poison her, and that is just grass clippings, and some veg food waste etc.

She is a chewer, and normally takes her stash onto the sofa to enjoy it, so we have black pen, yellow marker, black marker, blue pen, purple felt pen, etc. etc. stains all over the cream leather sofa!

However, there is NO evidence today of anything having been chewed anywhere around the house, bar the mess left after the vomit.

Not expecting a diagnosis at this distance Apache.

Just feeling worried about her!...

Most likely gasteroenteritis - upset stomach. I think we can all relate to pale, cold and sickness. I very much doubt some crazy toxin.

Let me know how you get on

No one smokes in our house, & she has no access elsewhere except for our own garden.

She is a lot better this morning mind, but still not 100%

Thank goodness she is almost, back to her normal self tonight, but, she did give us a scare yesterday, she really seemed ill, & the vet mentioning possible poisoning over the phone didn't help!

I thought she was insured, which she is, but the excess is more than I expected, and the bill was less than the excess! ; (

A lot, but not too much for piece of mind I suppose.

Consultation/examination, 3 jabs I think and some meds to bring home.

Just curious, now that Jnr Mutt is back on track.

Mrs SW, & Miss SW Jnr also had similar upsets about the same time.

Can/do dogs suffer from the same bugs as people, do you know?

That is, could one of the people have passed the bug on to the dog, of vice versa?

Just curious...

Yes there are some bacterial infections that can pass between - campylobacter and salmonella being common. A parasite called giardia can also affect dogs and people.

All these are transmitted by the faecal-oral route; if they picked it up from the dog they got a bit of dog poo in there mouth one way or another.

Lovely thought.