Hannspree Sj28Dmbb

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revjames

'funny' man™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeh yeh I know cheap dodgy chinese carp flatpanel TVs..... it was for the lads bedroom and he doesnt use it much just for going on playstation etc. Probably an hr a day?

Just stopped working. power led is on and turns green when you select an input. I did suspect backlight inverter to start with but strange its lost sound too. hasnt been subject to any knocking around or falling off shelves. Bought in Oct 2011 and had a 2 year guarantee.... so 4 months out of warranty but seriously. has had so little use.

Any advice? I have had 4 flat screen TVs break in the last 5 years 2 replaced under warranty as they had inbuilt DVDs which are known to fail. Never had any issues with CRTs.

Although what Canoeboy says in in jest, he has a good point. Since your TV says there is no CD when you have inserted a CD, that would imply it can not read it, have you tried a DVD as well as a CD (Not at the same time) also you what happens if you try shop brought DVD's or CD's as opposed to home "burnt" ones.

Found a 'schottky' diode which is shorted out (both directions - so really is 'schot' ;0)

I'm told its part of a 'crowbar' protection circuit, so when I replace it there may well be something else but for 20p its worth a go!

If it's part of a crowbar that's goosed, the unit may have been "spiked", so the Schottky may have acted as a fuse and protected the rest of the unit.