• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Talk Electrician Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pat Tester For Your Multi Function Tester...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

golfpaul

Reaction score
Im looking to swap my pat tester for a 17th ed MFT.

Ive an Ethos 9300, in excellent condition, comes with case, test lead, a copy of the CoP and some labels/fuses/plugs.

The full spec can be found here: Ethos 9300 Mains Manual Tester - Ethos Security Products

Its also calibrated until October.

Just looking for a MFT, can be basic, just needs to be up to the job.

I can come to you if in the North West.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmmm....   Portable Appliance Tester Tester....   (PAT   already has the word tester as the "T" bit)

I would hazard a guess that you would probably do better offering a price for your PAT... 

Then use any cash generated toward an MFT...

I cannot see any logical reason why anyone would swap an MFT for a P.A.Tester.....

unless they are the sort of person who would swap a push bike for a motorbike  (or vice-versa).?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Andy - but you all know what i mean though.

You lot are hard work...

That's fair enough.

But that said, we all know what they are don't we.

golfpaul,

Welcome to the forum.

We can seem a little pedantic, however, it is done in an attempt to ensure that the learners learn the correct terminology, and to try to eliminate some of the ambiguity that arises from the incorrect use of terms.

Please humour me for a moment, I'm NOT taking the mickey I promise, and I hope that this can go a way to explain:

mV / MV / kV / KV

Which is the odd one out in the 4 "abbreviations" above & why?

depends,

if I had a bit of notice I may have bought a cheap MFT off ebay,

after all, as has been said,

what makes a 17th MFT? one that doesnt trip out 30mA RCDs,,,,,?

Swapped already, mods - you can now close this thread, and everyone else can wind their necks back in.
Thank you for letting us know golfpaul, thread closed as requested. 

Doc H.

Status
Not open for further replies.