Snakes And Crocodiles... Just Curious?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this yesterday;  along with it there was a picture

of a snake that had tried to swallow a croc but it was

too much.

As soon as the digestive juices kicked in the snake

split open into two halves.

Game set and match, but no-one was the winner.

Im pretty sure I have seen a python eat a cow? They had problems with them in florida pepole would keep them as pet's then they would chuck em out when they got too big and they ended up in the everglades eating everything including alligators!

python  eating everything including alligators!
Blue; that is a major problem in the Everglades;  trouble is,

the habitat is JUST right for the Python.  Normally, in India

and other places water is not always available but there,

the water supports them so they can grow to amazing sizes.

A graphic illustration of what they can swallow, I have no idea what they are saying but skip forward and watch from about 1:20 to 2:00. It is the ability to open the jaws so wide to swallow a larger animal whole that is quite amazing. I would suggest that you don't click this link if you have just eaten or are about to eat.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaPftCpmxFY  I understand that some snakes can go off and hibernate or something for a longish period to allow digestion to take place after eating something so large. Other general information for anyone interested: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/03/140303-python-crocodile-australia/

Doc H.

I honestly have no idea SL.
I do hope this is not a sign that you only did the 5WW Vets course Apache? I Thought the full Vets apprenticeship covered snakes and crocodiles in the course material.

Doc H.

wide to swallow a larger animal whole that is quite amazing.

Doc H.
They can do this by "unlocking" the hinge that is the jawbone.

Neatly it can come off its hinges and then goes back after the

prey has been swallowed.  As Doc suggests, after such a big

meal they go into a "torpor" and are usually docile while they

digest.  The daddy of them all is the South American Boa that

has NO problem going for a fully grown man.

My cousin in the Florida (deceased) used to "for fun" head off into the Everglades and shoot alligators. Had a whole arsenal of weapons including M1, M16, AK47 various shotguns and boxes upon boxes of ammo. As a kid I was I'll admit a bit awe struck whilst out there in the late 70's. Anyway he went off the rails in a big way with substance abuse, ended up in a house surrounded by SWAT and topped himself!

But..........had that hadn't happened I like to think that just one day he might have come across this snake!  :lol:

Alligators were common on the HOUSING ESTATES out there. It was a case of they would only move them when they got too big!

There's a River Monsters episode about some nasty introduced fish there too IIRC...............

Latest posts