Power Supply For Led Strip 5630

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

micsey

Reaction score
hi folks can someone tell me what power supplys i need to run this as i know nothing about electrics

Dimensions: 10mm x 5mm
Operating Voltage: 12 Volts DC
Power Consumption: 72 Watts per Troll(5 Metre)
IP Rating: Indoor N/A | Outdoor IP65
Working Current/meter: 1.2A
LED Quantity: 60 per Metre
Luminous Flux: 8400-10000 lumens(Brightest)
Color Temperature:6000-8000K
LED Type: SMD 5630
Viewing Angle: 120 Degrees
Cutting: Every 50mm

i will be cutting it to 1 3m lenth and 2 1m lenths to use in diffrent places,thanks

Welcome to the forum according to your information a 72watt 12v DC power supply would be big enough to power 5m lengths. so your intended shorter lengths would also work off a 72watt supply. Or based on 72watts per 5m then it is approx 15watts per meter. around 45watts for your 3m length. However I would try and get some specific guidelines from the manufacture as if anything goes wrong they could blame you for using the wrong type of power supply. As a word of caution have a read of this other thread where LED strip lights burned out: http://talk.electricianforum.co.uk/topic/25526-safety-circuit/ Are they the same sort of thing you are looking at?

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok thanks for that,just been lokking at the power supply's,what amp would i get

ok thanks for that,just been lokking at the power supply's,what amp would i get
Your answered that one with your first question

You must have a power supply that is bigger than your require NOT smaller.

The other thing you have not mentioned (or do not know about) is that yes, the blurb clearly says you can cut the tape, but it does not say you can connect to it.

I am saying that the first bit will work as it has a connector fitted already, but once you cut the initial strip into smaller lengths they will not have a connector.

It depends on the make of tape you get, but you will have to buy connectors for the remaining strips, OR you MAY be able to solder wires on, which leads to the question, do you own a soldering iron and can you use one?

yep can weld and solder no probs,Ive done it before but the strip went brittle,i think the supply was to powerful,i just don't get the electric side of it at all,thats why i am  asking on here

I tried the clip on connectors on 3 different makes of tape. They did not work & ended up soldering. Soldering RGB tape is vary tedious, i found a lower power soldering iron is best & i use an additional flux.

ok so i need 3 of what? can anyone point me to what i need on ebay cos i still dont no

will need 3 as there going in different places,i still dont no what your talking about,could anyone show me the item i need

How can I put this politely?

You admit you have no idea what you are doing, you have been told several times what to do / what "kit" you will need but yet you still do not grasp the information infront of you.

Since we would like to see you post again, I suggest you seek some one near you to show you what to do, or better still, do it for you, since you are going round in circles here.

I know we all have to start somewhere, but this is obviously too complicated for you.

very funny,but if you could just post a link to the thing  i need it would be great?

very funny,but if you could just post a link to the thing i need it would be great?

Hmm so lets get this straight...

You want someone to give up their time and effort doing google searches for you for a selection of PSU's of the required spec..

Probably read reliability reviews as well ..

then make a decision for you...?

I bet it will be great if someone comes and connects it all up for you free of charge as well??

If you want me to do the search for you....

as with all my customers you will have to pay my hourly rate for my time and effort...

Other than that..

As a voluntary forum where people pass on their knowledge and guidance free of charge..

It looks as though you have been guided to what you need already...

Notwithstanding the info you already have...

hi folks can someone tell me what power supplys i need to run this as i know nothing about electrics

Dimensions: 10mm x 5mm

IP Rating: Indoor N/A | Outdoor IP65

LED Quantity: 60 per Metre

Luminous Flux: 8400-10000 lumens(Brightest)

Color Temperature:6000-8000K

LED Type: SMD 5630

Viewing Angle: 120 Degrees

Cutting: Every 50mm

i will be cutting it to 1 3m lenth and 2 1m lenths to use in diffrent places,thanks

Or try having another read of Richards post.....

How can I put this politely?

You admit you have no idea what you are doing, you have been told several times what to do / what "kit" you will need but yet you still do not grasp the information infront of you.

Since we would like to see you post again, I suggest you seek some one near you to show you what to do, or better still, do it for you, since you are going round in circles here.

I know we all have to start somewhere, but this is obviously too complicated for you.

If still struggling speak to the people you are buying, have bought the LED strip from!!

:C

:shakehead

instead of doing all that,can no on here tell me what i need,yes it is complicated for me sorry? can you just tell me what i need whats the porblem

instead of doing all that,can no on here tell me what i need,yes it is complicated for me sorry? can you just tell me what i need whats the porblem
I have tried being polite, so I will try not being polite.

Like you are sitting reading and typing and not being paid, we are in the same boat as you. (reading and typing and not being paid)

From the way you ask things you demonstrate that you are too stupid to understand that you are not competent to do any such job, which is why it would be best to avoid you having a fatal accident you get some one in to do the job for you.

Tip... 

Milk could be measured in pints or litres...

Sugar could be measured in kilogrammes...

Electrical stuff may be measured in voltages, power(watts) or current(amps)

So you need a power supply rated for your item you want to power.......

and heres a bigger clue....

I've removed the non relevant bits!!

headbang

Status
Not open for further replies.