Installing Saniflo With 22Mm Plastic Barrier Pipe

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albertross

Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone had any experience of a Saniflo (or similar) installation using 22mm barrier pipe?  From my scouring of the internet I understand that Saniflo say it is a possibilty, but that care needs to be taken with the use of cleaning agents.  With the layout I've got it's my best option, since I can run it as one piece of pipe (no connecting joints for bends)  from macerator to soil pipe.  Any other type of pipe (copper or plastic overflow) will require me to have a joint under my shower tray since there isn't space either side to fit a single rigid piece of pipe under the tray.  Removing the shower tray is not an option I wan t to consider.

In my ignorance of macerators when i fitted the shower tray I assumed that 32mm plastic push fit pipe would be okay - well at least there's something there to guide the 22mm pipe through!).  I also wrongly assumed the outflow from the macerator would be from its base, rather than the top, so even if there's a way to make use of the 32mm plastic pipe that's in situ there's not much space to put in a suitable bend.

Anyway, my main concern is whether or not inserts will be required at each end of the 22mm plastic pipe and, if so, whether this has any significant impact on the operation of the unit (since the operating diameter will consequently be reduced)?

I dont fit them myself,

but of the plumbers I work with there are a couple that point blank refuse to use anything other than copper,

the others will NOTgive any warranty whatsoever if the client insists on using plastic pipe,

make of that what you will,

BTW, I have NOOOOOOO idea what just happened with the writing going all funny,,,,,  :C