Cracked 140W Panel , Can It Be Repaired ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wsoppitt

Reaction score
To all those that know from somebody that doesnt ,

I am currently working on a new housing development and came across a discarded pile of 140w pv panels which resemble crazy paving ( 10 in total ) it seems a bit of a waste to skip panels if a repair is possible.

I am aware that a cracked panel doesnt produce as much ( 100w from a 140w panel ) but does still produce .

my question is with regards to integrity of panel , water ingress and how the invertor will react if it senses short circuit.

Can these panels be made suitable for use when the only obvious fault is the protective outer glass is shattered .

Regards

wayne soppitt

in a word, no, unless you can replace the glass, but the chances are the silicone wafers will micro-cracked anyway.You might be able to salvage an odd wafer as a toy to play with.

My suggestion was going to be take the lot and offer them on ebay "for spares or repair" Someone will be mug enough to buy them.

So , just to make sure before the skip gets taken away , these panels should go in the skip , not the back of my van ?

Latest posts