Why Do My Fish Keep Dying ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wsoppitt

Reaction score
Every time i do a water change  , i tend to clean the glass of algae , and then add about a teacup full of thin bleach to the water after to stop the algae from reappearing.

i stir the water to let the bleach get absorbed but this still doesnt seem to help , if anything the problem is getting worse .

originally before the treatment i lost a single fish every 6 months  , now ive started this preventative action i seem to be losing fish almost weekly.

Every weekend i seem to be scooping fish out dead , so ive increased bleach level , if anything it seems to be getting worse , buying a new fish every week .

please help what am i doing wrong.

i have named these fish after friends and family so is becoming a little bit upsetting that they keep dying , is it a sign do you think ?

Will be trying a bigger tank soon , so will get it established and see how it goes , will administer less bleach at first to see how they get on , if they start to falter then will go back to my original dosage and hope that helps .

Fish are so hard to look after .

ANDY

where is your sign?

:slap

:shakehead

try using used 2stroke engine oil, it works far better than bleach.

Do you think the fish like swimming in an ever increasing concentrate of bleach??
I was going to say, try brushing your teeth with bleach,

see how you like it,,,,,,,,,

deep breath,

count to 10,,,,,,,,

funnily enough, we have 2 goldfish, one of them is now about 5,

the wife is amazed, its cos I look after them,

Ive often found the best way to look after goldfish is 'neglect' , to an extent,,,,,,,,,

Early april fools , getting in before the rush .

Steptoe , i applaud you , it wasnt real , you got that .

Noz , i respect you , but , it wasnt real , have you got that?

April fools on 28th March. Interesting concept, but I doubt it will catch on?

Doc H.

Status
Not open for further replies.