Washing Machine Seal

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bevdavey

Reaction score
I have a zanussi washing machine and the seal has turned black and I just cannot get it clean. Is it possible to change it ourselves as a repairman wants 100 pounds to do it? Thanks

Yes you can change it yourself, but if you pay the £100 you will be happy you paid and be thank full you did not try it.

Like anything when you know how, and have done it several times you can make it look easy.

Or try bleach or another company.

Go onto the UK Whitegoods forum for stuff like this and links to where to get spares. Then search Youtube for "zanussi washing machine seal" and there's loads of how to vids.

I did one a while back (forget the make of machine) because the seal had split.

It was a ****** of a job.

the hard bit was the band that held the seal to the drum.  Think along the lines of an over sized jubille clip, made of stainless steel, with razor sharp edges, stuck down between a small gap between the drum and the front casing. almost impossible access, and you need three hands, a looong screwdriver and the patience of a saint.

If it was just a bit dirty I wouldn't bother.

I have a zanussi washing machine and the seal has turned black and I just cannot get it clean. Is it possible to change it ourselves as a repairman wants 100 pounds to do it? Thanks

The fact that you are asking here probably means that you are unable to do it yourself....

As if you felt competent you would have already bought one on-line and tried replacing it...

Most components in a washing machine can be replaced providing you can obtain the item and you have appropriate tools.

:coat