3Gw Of Solar Now Installed

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky

retired and loving it!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UK reaches 3 GW milestone [SIZE=10pt]11.06.2014: The UK had 3,179 MW of cumulative installed PV capacity at the end of April 2014, according to the latest figures from the UK Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC). The country added 26 MW of new PV systems in April, down considerably from 242 MW in March and 70 MW in April 2013. Last month’s numbers, however, are provisional and will be updated and likely increased in the statistics for June. The UK added 414 MW of new PV capacity in the first 4 months of 2014, down from 531 MW in the same period of 2013. The amount of capacity commissioned under the country’s Renewable Obligation (RO) program stood at 600 MW at the end of May, while the amount commissioned under the FIT scheme totaled 2,316 MW. Unaccredited PV systems accounted for most of the remaining capacity. The UK had 551,939 operational PV systems as of the end of May 2014. The UK aims to cover 15% of its domestic electricity demand with renewables by 2020. As part of this goal, the DECC aims to have 22 GW of installed PV capacity by the end of the decade. © PHOTON[/SIZE]

http://www.gov.uk

http://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/fi
le/315183/Solar_photovoltaics_deployment.xlsx

My boss said to me " were getting solar panels installed as we would like to reduce our footprint on the earth "

I thought bolox it must still be a worthwhile investment then..

Thanks to greed were getting there be it a little slow thanks to Mr Hune.

Nothing like a juicy carrot......

If you think about it though, it's proably cheaper than building anew power station. By the time 10 years worth of enquiries has gone through, NIMBYs have objected, large (French) corporation refuses to build unless they get more money, this country wastes £millions to achieve nothing, where as a few quid to joe public, and hey presto solar panels everywhere!! I reckon it's cheaper, not that we can without big power stations....