Quick Question

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary1984

Reaction score
hi all hope your all well,  I'm new here and thought it would be a good place to ask this question that most will find easy to answer but has me thinking.

I picked a book up called electrical calculations at my local college and thought i would borrow it. I come across this question and didn;t seem right to me

The design current of a circuit protected by a BS 1361 fuse is 28A. The grouping correction factor is 0.8 and the ambient correction is 1.04. Calculate the minimum current carrying capacity of the cable.

Well the answer is 36.5 but i managed to get 36.4 every time, just wondering if any one else can get 35.5?

Its a book i never heard or seen before and thought i would have a bit of bed time reading and come across some very strange questions.

Is it the green book? Was going to try dig it out but somebody buried it under a pile of vacuum bags full of baby clothes which with the Xmas decorations should have gone back into the loft months ago!

I'm going with its an error until I find it ;)