New ( To Me) Vehicle

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
So the old estate car died, 240000 miles....just out of warranty by about 15 years

Half shaft sheared in my driveway, bum!

Anyway i was looking for a new vehicle and toyed with Seat Alhambra, Ford Galaxy, Sharan etc.

I looked at MPVs for the space, adaptability AND ability to go to the tip in it as Vans are banned as are most other vehicles.

It is F comfy, Air Con, leccy windows, central locking, roof rack.....not really needed as i have a little giant ladder that goes in the boat and extends to22 feet!

Also I can fit 3 m lengths under the floor and keep it off the roof

Rear windows tinted to avoid passing glances from the scrotes

I ended up with an 05 plate Kia Sedona.....as it was the right money and on 64k on the clock

Seats can be removed in about 30 seconds ANd in any configuration you want. I chose to take all rear seats out, as it will only occasionally be needed for passengers.

To make the best use of the floor area i have raised it by 150mm, fitted drawers and under deck storage. A vertical divider like an inverted ships keel to keep the steps from always being in the way.

The subtle positioning of 63x63 square downpipe has created segregation for stuff. Pull out storage boxes under the floor also contain less often used stuff, but stuff that i NEED to carry

Only had the car 5 weeks of which I have spent almost 3 weeks off the road with a recurring health problem which i will not bore you with

Below are some pics taken during the disembowelling

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I will post more pics later on in the week

They are not bad motors we've had 3, two of the old shape same as yours & the latest is the new shape (we picked it up from a main dealer as used but only had 28 miles on the clock, they registered at end of the year to get the sales up).

Looks like you have the tv/dvd player option on the OHD.

I can tell you that should you ever need to replace it, the clutch is £1200 fitted & do the Dual Mass at the same time it WILL save you trouble.

I'm glad I'm not the only sparky to be using an estate car instead of a van.

In my case a Subaru Forrester as it's full time 4 wheel drive and great for towing.

I always say if I had a van, it would only be any good for work (then not always brilliant) and I would have to have the car as well. And not being rich I can't afford yet another vehicle.

what silicone do you use that is 'about a metre long'?!
1 m long silicone!

4 tubes fit in a 1m piece nicely

Tubes are handy for my BT cable rods

Smoke pole

Spirit level

1m lengths of Din Rail

Basically all the stuff that i need BUT ends up stuck under a pile of carp

Just been shopping......so boot is emptyimage.jpgimage.jpg

Help understanding needed!

Why buy a mpv then fit a false floor and fill it and use as a van, why not just but a van? You seriously take that false floor out every time the family goes out, to put the seats back?

Right explanation as follows

I can do 2000 miles on a bad week

I need something comfortable

Cannot get on the tip in a van

If the sides were boarded it would be a van.....see above

Windows are tinted so scrotes dont spy what is in the back....you can see in if you try but NOT when just walking past

We have two other cars.....this is purely for work

We have a BFO shogun and a Clio

There is only me and first wife now....kids are 27,29 and 31

IF i need to use it as an MPV then it is 20 minutes to empty and fit seats

I have designed it so that it will come out as one piece on the forklift and fit straight on the racking in sons warehouse

Well i thought it was a good idea

Just converting

Are you gonna put scam stickers on the windows ? Incontinent electricians scheme or what ever its called this week? There's a polish fellow near me with homemade napit logos all over his Renault scenic with a baby seat and a massive pile of papers in the back. I think he came up on here for doing a dodgy eicr? Slipper might remember? He was from Tottenham.

Just... waffling

:)

Last edited by a moderator: