Help! Who's Has The Best Kit For The Best Price?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rikkeskill

Reaction score
Alright lads,

I am in the mist of pulling together a smart home system for a customer. I have never installed one before but confident that I can with previous experience. This isn't the issue, the issue is what supplier to use I have been to Dianemo and Loxone. Dianemo quoted for everything CCTV, dimming lighting system, heating controls, speakers and audio, hard drive etc etc the list goes on.

Loxone quoted just for the control equipment server basics really.

As I've never done one before I had guessed that all this kit would of been in the 10k mark? Dianemo came back at 25k +Vat and Loxone 6k +Vat. No joke I spat my coffee over the dash of my van and nearly crashed! At the first quote. The Dianemo rep is selling the MK astral range of switches and they are crazy money and only come in 2 gang dimmers, in a open plan room I've got 10 switched circuits and 5 switches on the wall with look terrible!

The Loxone guy came across better and is selling a mode lighting style kit although he didn't actually quote for one just sold it on the phone! I'd prefer this type of lighting install because the switches are cheaper and is much better on the eye! Also ease of use for the customer (and I've fitted some before