New Washing Machine

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bosch aren't bad, but I wouldn't know cost.

I get anything like that off a mate who has a local independant appliance shop ;)

although our latest washing machine(Bosch maxx 6) was left behind at my parents new house,, mother preferred hers :) within 2 weeks of them giving it to us both theirs and my brothers died :(

This one replaced a 17 year old Indesit :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Got ours from here:

http://www.coopelectricalshop.co.uk/?gclid=CLG39cHmzL8CFQsEwwodPooAvQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Cheapest to start with through the usual trawl anyway. Excellent customer service and have now had a few "white goods" from them now but the washing machine was a bit of a trip, though with a good end result! A Hotpoint WMD960P, 1600rpm spin, 8kg load etc ordered for £335. Didn't turn up on the due date. Apologetic email from them saying wasn't actually in stock etc and there would be a wait etc. I contacted them and they said the only one they had had damaged packaging and were reluctant to let it be sold. We (she) was desperate so I said how much...................their best offer, £200 fully checked with with full warranty. I said YES! It turned up, slight crease in the side panel. They gave me another £35 off. So £165 delivered.

BUT, have read that the new Hotpoints are Indesits "in a dress". Was a changeover period when you could buy two externally identical models with the same model number but one would have Indesit guts.........things like sealed pump.....INSIDE the drum etc! Lucky ours was pre Indesit!

Bosch? Mum's had one for over 30 years and still going strong! Some of the new, lower end Bosch are I think made in Spain and marked "Made In The EU".

This is an excellent resource:

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/help/about-the-appliance-industry/manufacturer-information.html

Thanks folks, was looking at a Bosch,  can't afford a miele   :eek:

Although Costco have a Whirlpool wwcr 9230 @  £300 

Will see what Bosch are about, have seen a few at just over 400 I could stretch to.

Jeez, didn't know Costco had a website,,,

Deffo looks between that whirlpool (maybe) and a Bosch, (seen one at 469), both seem to get good reviews,

Prob go have a look at some over the weekend, then see what deals are online, and, as you say, see what faults people are reporting with them.

Should read, a Bosch at 369

Canoeboy said:
Miele aint all that - 5 year warranty and mines packed up twice in warranty and i have had to repair it myself (most pi$$ed off) twice now in the 6 year period - I wont be buying another one

Just find one with a 5 year warranty as cheap as possible and hammer it
ah, was looking and it seems miele have stopped their 10 year warranty, so that'd deffo be a no no , even if i could afford one,

I was looking at the bosch, the missus likes the costco Whirlpool,

for me it'll be whichever has the better warranty,

but in reality, it'll be whichever one she picks.........

Thing is though....

Whirlpool is still Indesit :eek:
Well Whirlpool have just bought Indesit stock I think. See my second link in post #4 and scroll down to Whirlpool..........mind you that info is dated 2006! Indesit don't have the best name so you wonder if Whirlpool are going to try and change that or just whack their badge on Indesit stuff! Or is it that Indesit has had to sell some stock because of a bad reputation and Whirlpool saw an opportunity etc.Think Bosch did similar buying a Spanish factory.

narrowed it down to these two

one siemens

two samsung

me, Im thinking the siemens , but I really dont have the final say,,,,,

hopefully SWMBO will like one of them,

on canoeys advice its the 5y warranty, good thinking,  :)

Had heard good reviews of the samsung models.? The thing you have too watch is the amount of water that the machine puts into the wash.

We were given a brand new state of the art hotpoint, wife hated it soon got shot, has bought a Bosch and she's well happy!! Can even add the odd bucket of water to the machine if she so desires without it throwing an eppy!

Do you really need one with all those bells and whistles?

We only use 2 programs on ours.... a 40 degree wash for all normal washes and the freshen up (rinse & spin) for wetsuits etc

IMHO it's just one more thing to go wrong

Hang on a minute... no one has mentioned a mangle yet?! ;)

Id go for a Siemens mangle like previous comments it's a bosch mangle inside with a good warranty which can be extended endlesdly if you so choose. I have a Siemens dishwasher its about 7 years old and their still pushing an extended warranty for £70 a year.

John lewis mangles are indisit mangles in disguise ;)

narrowed it down to these two

one siemens

two samsung

me, Im thinking the siemens , but I really dont have the final say,,,,,

hopefully SWMBO will like one of them,

on canoeys advice its the 5y warranty, good thinking,  :)
The Samsung one a tad cheaper, still with the 5 year g'tee and another £20 off if you trial Which.

http://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/wf80f5e0w2w/samsung-wf80f5e0w2w-freestanding-washing-machine?refsource=apadwords&gclid=CJ7pxOrA0b8CFYnItAodh1MAyg

Not checked if that includes delivery.........

well, went to John Lewis to buy the Siemens, 1 week delivery, WTF,?!?!?!?!  [see other thread]

ended up with this ,[except ours has a smoke door], £349 ex display, 5 year warranty and 10y on the motor, direct drive inverter,  :)