Hycontrol Apprenticeship Advice Please

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RhysW

Reaction score
Hi just a quick introduction.. My names Rhys, 19 years old and just finished a two year city & guilds level 3 college course for electrical installation. I'm now out of college and looking for an apprenticeship which I'm hoping you could help me out with, as I have a few question about an interview I have this Thursday with Hycontrol in Redditch.

The apprenticeship is for service/installation engineer and I think it's more to do with electronics?

Here are some details of the job involves;

Your job

1. Installation of level measuring systems on various sites in quarry, chemical, process and waste treatment industries

2. Commissioning new equipment

4. Training on site personnel how to use equipment and systems

5. Some basic panel work and assembly

Basically I'm just looking for some on advice on attire for the interview, what I should know about the company, what sort of questions the interviewer will ask me and what they will expect me to know prior to training if I (hopefully) get the j

Oops clicked send on accident..

Get the job*

All advice is really appreciated, I'm nervous as it's really important to me that I leave a good impression in the interview, it's the first interview I've been able to get after leaving college.

Rhys

Hi

we use this company, they are on the ball

you will need a good head for heights, there could be a lot of working way from home and you must like getting dirtier than a pig in sh!t

PONI   

best bib and tucker ie suite if you have one, white shirt, polished shoes and no stupid cartoon ties.

get on the web and research the company, find out what they do, who for, where etc etc and tailour ansewers to questions based on this knowledge - it shows you are keen, are prepared to go the extra mile and have taken a proper interest in the company whilst displayimg some initiative. The more you know, the better you can answer questions, like 'how do you see you will fit in the company' 'where do you see yourself in 5 years time' and those other interview classics!

lots of tips on interent on how to present yourself well, body postition, demeanour etc etc.

Good luck, the fact you are on here asking already shows you are probably a good candidate :Applaud