No Refund For No Re-Assessment With Niceic Di Scheme

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_the_rich

Sock Muncher
Reaction score
Haven't been here for a while, hello again.

I have a re-assessment next week and phoned niceic up to confirm the date of my last re-assessment. This was in June 2012. So that it is now over two years since then. Of course, i immediately thought REFUND. But they said that although re-assessment fees were included in the annual fees we pay, they would not be able to refund any part of the fees, even though the oversight was on their part and was due to them changing over to a new system (i have never cancelled or postponed any appointment). I did manage to get them to put a note on my file saying that if i failed next week's assessment and had to be re-re-assessed, that consideration might be given to waiving the fees for the subsequent visit. They could not promise that waiving any fee would happen in that event though.

This all leaves a bad taste in the mouth, one person from the switchboard said that most electricians don't want re-assessing but i found them somewhat useful, if stressful beforehand, and always learnt something from them.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? They said this has happened to a few businesses.

"Gewinn uber alles"

(Blatantly stolen from Onoff)

Had this before with them if you cancel an assessment due to ill health / customers not in etc the you have to pay the assessment fee. If the assessor cancels you can't do anything.

:C

Last edited by a moderator:
Read the T&C's. If nothing in there then get a solicitor letter done as it's mis selling.

Alternatively send ms boss lady an email telling her of your dissatisfaction copy a certain mr c betts in on email I'll bet you'll get a refund then!

The point is Andy, you would pay a sum of money every year to say tesco and not collect the shopping?

If they say that you pay an assessment fee every year, either you get the assessment or they refund the money.

If it means that they have to actually do what they say then so be it, miss my assessment and I'll be pestering you to come and do it, I'll make them work for the money, I'm sure you have to!

i might take Emma's details, but will wait til next week before sending anything ;)

They also offered to give me another assessment at the time of my choosing iirc, since i had already paid for it lol.

do other schemes do this too?

Can't find t&c, but have not had time to look thoroughly.

Thanks for replies

Isn't that a contradiction of terms?

Quite good, but it's hit and miss if you get a regular if at all assessment!

Wonder how much money the schemes make from non assessment??? Probably a lot more then you or I! :C

Isn't that a contradiction of terms?

Quite good, but it's hit and miss if you get a regular if at all assessment!

Wonder how much money the schemes make from non assessment??? Probably a lot more then you or I! :C
I have a non assessment every year,

do you think they make any money from it?

or do they make more money from the idiots that pay them?

IMHO, they are no different than doing agency work, and how many of yous tell people to stay away from the agencies? 

hypocrisy springs to mind,,,,,,,,,,

I dont do agency work either, so thats yet more desk jockeys that dont take a cut of my wages,

can someone in a scam please tell me the difference between using a scam to get you work, as opposed to using an agency to get you work?

they both take a cut of your earnings.

A scam doesn't necessarily get you work it just gives you an avenue to work legally should you desire too, it will however still take a cut of something even if that something is nothing! :eek:

nothing to do with an electrician acting legally though being part of a scheme,

that sounds like the sort of BS the scams themselves come out with to scare the general public

btw, remember, there are literally thousands of non electrically competent persons that are members of such scams,

I refuse to call them electricians.

Albert.

The primary reason we`re Nicey AC is the hotels - along with the huge PLI insurance; the hotel`s insurance AND their consultants will ONLY accept ACs on sites. 

Yes, we`ve had the arguments that they shouldn`t; but they do, and are entitled to do ( remember the pink overalls??)

We also do Aircon supplies for an AC company, who fit out everything for the justice dept. in Wales - they also ( client & contractor both) specify NIC red certs only.

No other reason - it is financial sense for the business. End of