SECTT Test (need answer ASAP)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalit

Reaction score
Hey, anyone took the sectt test recently?

Asking as mine is tomorrow and they've provided a sample test in the letter they've sent me. I'm just wondering if they will provide a list of the types of fire extinguishers and what they do in the actual test or not. They provide it on the sample. The answers are given on a separate sheet so I figured if they weren't going to give u the list they'd put it there to avoid confusion.

Thanks for any replies.

Yeah, I passed the test. I think the sample test they send out to you is a poor representation of the actual test. At the very most, all the sample test does is explain the layout of the test - but I'm sure most people know what a multiple choice quiz looks like. It portrays the test as being very simplisitc - perhaps causing over-confidence in people and causing them not to study at all.

Irrelevant though I suppose since I passed, but I think SECTT should seriously modify their test.

hi

what did u study for sectt test ,what kind of questions did they ask

The sample paper they send you only has about 15 questions on it and says you have 50 minutes total to do both parts (30 mins for the maths part, 20 mins for the work theory part). This is hugely misleading as the actual test has about 50 questions for the maths part and... I think there were 30ish questions for the work theory bit.

There's a lot of basic maths involved, a standard grade maths or physics past paper would be good practice - physics because there were a few electricity-related formula but you don't need to remember any of the formula, they're on the question paper.

The work theory part of the test has a lot of explanatory text (like what type of work boot to use and in what type of condition and the cost involved) in it so if you know about the work stuff already that'll save some time. Most of the questions were common sense related.

Hello Tehkjel,

Welcome to the forum.

does anyone know anywher of picking up a sectt test book or books to help

Hey Guys,

I recently passed the Test, Does anyone know of any major companies taking on apprentices the next few months?

Locked to prevent being resurrected (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.