DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Dalit

SECTT Test (need answer ASAP)

Dalit

Hey, anyone took the sectt test recently?

Asking as mine is tomorrow and they've provided a sample test in the letter they've sent me. I'm just wondering if they will provide a list of the types of fire extinguishers and what they do in the actual test or not. They provide it on the sample. The answers are given on a separate sheet so I figured if they weren't going to give u the list they'd put it there to avoid confusion.

Thanks for any replies.

kme

Well?

What happened?

Will you enlighten us??

Dalit

Yeah, I passed the test. I think the sample test they send out to you is a poor representation of the actual test. At the very most, all the sample test does is explain the layout of the test - but I'm sure most people know what a multiple choice quiz looks like. It portrays the test as being very simplisitc - perhaps causing over-confidence in people and causing them not to study at all.

Irrelevant though I suppose since I passed, but I think SECTT should seriously modify their test.

andy condie

hi

what did u study for sectt test ,what kind of questions did they ask

Tehkjel

The sample paper they send you only has about 15 questions on it and says you have 50 minutes total to do both parts (30 mins for the maths part, 20 mins for the work theory part). This is hugely misleading as the actual test has about 50 questions for the maths part and... I think there were 30ish questions for the work theory bit.

There's a lot of basic maths involved, a standard grade maths or physics past paper would be good practice - physics because there were a few electricity-related formula but you don't need to remember any of the formula, they're on the question paper.

The work theory part of the test has a lot of explanatory text (like what type of work boot to use and in what type of condition and the cost involved) in it so if you know about the work stuff already that'll save some time. Most of the questions were common sense related.

Admin

Hello Tehkjel,

Welcome to the forum.

davie spark

does anyone know anywher of picking up a sectt test book or books to help

micko

Hey Guys,

I recently passed the Test, Does anyone know of any major companies taking on apprentices the next few months?

Declan macaulay

Hi anyone know any questions to revise for the physics stuff and stuff about electricity 

Andy™
17 hours ago, Declan macaulay said:

Hi anyone know any questions to revise for the physics stuff and stuff about electricity 

new forum record? thread is only 9 1/2 years old

Evans Electric

Whats a SECTT test ?    ( March  2019)

Edited by Evans Electric

Andy™
Just now, Evans Electric said:

Whats a SECTT test ?    ( March  2019)

something in jockland iirc

Sharpend

Is it the jock equiv of AM2? 

Andy™

think it might be

phil d
On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 21:51, Andy™ said:

think it might be

Apparently SECTT stands for the Scottish Electrical Charitable Training Trust. From what I can gather the test is some sort of precursor to becoming an apprentice, you need to have passed this to show a prospective employer that you stand a chance of making it as an apprentice. There's a sort of list of people who've taken it and passed it, if your names not on the list you aint getting a job as an apprentice, sort of thing.