Algor Akl781/wh Cutting Rcd

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am not sure or have not been able to locate the correct answer.

I have an Algor AKL781/WH, it is tripping the RCD only when the oven gets to the temperature. Inherited when we bought the house 6yrs ago so not sure of exact age.

We can then go and flick the RCD switch back on and usually unless we leave the door open a bit too long it will not trip the electric again.

For instance, say we set it to 175 degrees, it will trip, we reset RCD, then it will work ok, unless as mentioned we open door or adjust the oven to a higher temp.

I am not an electrician but know the basics of wiring and always willing to give something a go.

Any help or advise as to what it could be would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Dave

Yes almost certainly the element.

Trouble is it may test okay when cold.

They are not expensive so get that replaced first and see if it fixes the fault.  Probably cheaper just to replace it than have someone keep on trying to scientifically find the fault.

Looking on t'internet, element should be no more than £12 so will get that ordered :)

Will let you know, its worth a shout.

If its not the element, what about the thermostat, since its only cutting when getting to temp?

Got the element ordered so even if it is not this, then it has not been expensive to rule out.

Even better if it is the element as its been a pretty cheap repair.

Thank you so far :)

Element has arrived today, so took it out and changed it out.

Good news, its all working, appreciate the advice , took it upto175, 200 and then 225 and did not cut out electric.

Thankyou people, really appreciate the advice