Sign in to follow this  
Evans Electric

Nuisance Phone Calls

Evans Electric

OK  Theres a BT srvice which blocks all the calls you register I believe .   BUT naturally it has to be paid for.

We get cycles of calls from India , must be on an automatic programme ,  so many sometimes that the answerphone is on permamently .   Flag up as "International". They mostly cut off  as soon as the answerphone kicks in .     These days , 99% of work calls are on the cellphone so we rarely pick up  .  Its become 2nd nature now to not pick up , people we know usually shout  " Hello its me "  on answerphone.

The calls are nearly always from Indian guys with English names who  open up with "  'ello ...Mr Eeeeevens , my name is David from Microsoft "     

I do feel that more vulnerable folk may fall for these scams and elerly people are very trusting ......possibly giving control of computer to them .

kerching

Looking to put my elderly mum on

BT home phone service

Blocks withheld numbers

Blocks international

Free calls 24 hrs day up to 1 hour max per call

57.97 per quarter

Blue Duck

£57.97per quarter! That's £232 a year!

Should be free IMO.

like Mr Eeeevans I just don't answer! Am registered with the telephone prefence service but that doesn't seem to work :(

Canoeboy

We had one at work the other day - from India trying to sell me gas and electric - I listened for 10 mins to all the spiel and prices and then asked if they could sell me cheap red diesel, they couldn't understand why, i said we have a generator for electricity and therefore only buy diesel and not gas or electric, they then hang up, the phone calls happened 4 times in 4 weeks, I always tell them the red diesel line, I reckon i must be on there DONT RING THE DIESEL MAN - list now as we haven't had a phone call for gas and electric for ages :slap