Repair Of Delonghi Eco310.r Coffee Machine

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max6979

Reaction score
I need to repair my Delonghi ECO310.R Coffee machine- it takes 15 minutes for an expresso whereas it should take 20 seconds when the pump is working properly - I have ordered the part ( a pump).

Has anyone ever taken one of these coffee machines apart as the technical dept of Delonghi have been unusually unhelpful in regard to the right way to go about this  (apart from isolate the coffee machine / unplug it etc) - any ideas, or experience with this machine would be appreciated.

Thanks

Max

Yes I have descaled and I live in a soft water area so it should be running fine - as I've had the machine for approx. 3 years from new I suspect its the  pump- I will get some torx screw drivers as the manufacturer has used torx screws to hold the body together and Ill make sure its absolutely water tight before I put it back together as water and electricity never mix :eek:

The pump arrived yesterday - I got home at 8.45pm - I plan to install today and take photos . If all else fails as suggested I may use a hammer on the ****.

Domestic cappuccino machines are a ball-ache to work on and not for the faint hearted. One reason it might take a long time to make a cup of coffee is if you're using the wrong grind or the wrong sachets if it's that type of machine. The length of time it takes is highly dependent on how fine or course the coffee is ground.

Another possibility is that most of these machines utilise a solenoid type pump. If the integral check valve becomes worn or somehow gets debris or even coffee particles in it then the pump fails to work. The pump usually has a longer side and ashorter one, the check valve is usually contained in the longer side. You may or may not be able to dismantle the pump to get to it, it depends on the individual design.

Managed to change the pump on Friday but had to dismantle the base of the machine to get access to screws holding the lid in place and then once the screws out I couldn't take lid off because the round knob which controls the production of steam didn't screw off and I ended up having to break the plastic connector to the knob - so I've had to order a new part ( £6.00) . Once the part arrives -I'll test the machine for water leaks and hopefully it will pass the test. So far a bit of a ball ache - no wonder people don't repair these machines.

Tested the pump and still no difference so took the pump out and re installed it to see of I there was a missing contact or blocked tube - nothing wrong- tested again and still no improvement- what a pain. New coffee machine to be purchased. :coat

Max, your problem may not be the pump. If you get good flow out of the steam tube when cold then the pump is probably ok.

I've taken my Icona 310 apart to solve a no-heat problem (no coffee, no steam). Disassembly was ok as some kind person on another forum had explained that you have to pull the steam control knob HARD to get it off. With it out of the way you can invert the machine and take out all the screws from the base. Some are torx screws, I managed to get an allen key to fit well enough to undo them.

So I got the top off, tested all the circuits including resistance of the heating element. The element tests at about 60ohm, which on yet another formum seems ok.

There is no power to the heating element yet the wiring tests ok between connectors.

I think the problem is in the top push-button switch.

I managed to get the machine going again briefly, perhaps I fluked a temporary connection accross the switch, so it confirmed for me that the element is ok. 

The lights work, thermostats test ok (well there is a circuit through them when cold) however the green light comes on immediately, again indicating something is wrong with a circuit somewhere.

I'm about to take out the swich out again to pursue that as the likely problem.

I guess it unlikely that you are still on the formun, perhaps someone else has suggestions.