Multiswitch

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok, so Im going to install a multiswitch

Ive got a quattro LNB,

my question is this,

can I fit an RF modulator on my satellite box and bring a feed back up and T into my terrestrial feed before the multiswitch so that every point in the house can watch what is on the main satellite box?

I dont need to change channel,

the main/only reason I would like this is so if I want to watch something on the satellite box then I can do so from any of the TVs and leave the wife and kids to watch whatever tat they want in the living room,

I only have 1 box that gets sports etc, the other boxes are only freesat.

I can sit in my shed watching bike racing far from the madding crowds,  :D

is this possible?

I'd have thought that its possible to have a multiswitch feeding your sky boxes, then feed RF2 from each on different frequencies (settable in a menu) back up and then feed a RF feed to each TV so that you can watch any sky box on any TV

Might take a bit of doing though ;)

I'd have thought that its possible to have a multiswitch feeding your sky boxes, then feed RF2 from each on different frequencies (settable in a menu) back up and then feed a RF feed to each TV so that you can watch any sky box on any TV

Might take a bit of doing though ;)
I never once mentioned sky boxes,

dunno if that makes a difference though,

but I dont have ANY sky boxes anywhere,

so no idea how they work,

my satellite box only has HDMI , AV or SCART out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheapest modulator is an old VCR connected to the satellite receivers scart socket.

Loop your tv aerial into the vcr then out from the vcr to the input of the multiswitch.

Then any tv will be able to tune into freeview, or switch to analogue tv and tune into the satellite receiver.

Not all vcr's are suitable, some have a daft habit of timing out and switching off after a pre set time, so probably an old one.  It doesn't matter if it even works or not (as far as the tape mechanism is concerned)

I have two in use for just that purpose.

back to digging up this thread again,

next question,

do I NEED to have diplexed outlets?

each outlet will only be feeding one item, either a tv OR a sat box, but not both.

btw, I got an RF modulator from a popular auction site for a tenner, variable frequency output, small and tidy so will be easy to hide behind the TV,  :)

Latest posts