Lost Satellite Frequencies

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to watch Eurosport today,

havent watched it in a while, its normally Eurosport 2 I watch,

anyway,

NO SIGNAL

Eurosport 2 works fine,

so I had a check of signal levels,

most channels are signal level 80% +

quality 70% +

some are coming in at 40% signal 10% quality

have a lost a transponder?

some of the frequencies Ive lost are below, a mixture of both vertical and horizontal,

and nothing has changed since I installed this a couple of years ago,

apart from wind maybe moving the dish ??????

12285  - this is Eurosport

any ideas?  :C

se, this is what happens,

I come on here and ask a sensible question, for a change,

and all I get is abuse and ridicule,  :C   :shakehead    :coat

dish slightly out of alignment (some transponders are stronger than others)

Kink in the cable can attenuate some frequencies (reflections / standing waves)

Dud LNB

Those are all high band, could be LNB or receiver not switching from low to high band?

dish slightly out of alignment (some transponders are stronger than others)

Kink in the cable can attenuate some frequencies (reflections / standing waves)

Dud LNB

Those are all high band, could be LNB or receiver not switching from low to high band?
thank you Dave, I knew there would be one sensible person,

and, tbh, if it hadnt been you I think Id have lost all hope,

I never really spent anytime originally lining dish up, so I suppose the slightest movement could knock it out,

and I have a spare normal LNB I can use to test with as well,

I dont think its the receiver, as its showing the signal levels and quality, so I 'think' its receiving the signal,

just not at a level it requires to make use of.

one other thing, what does turning the LNB achieve?

will do PD , Ive got a basic analogue meter, and my box gives digital bar graph and percentage readings for strength and quality,

so I'll put it on the channel I want,  ie, Eurosport, and try moving the dish a mm or 2 first,

when I tried a scan it was fine til near the very end, then I got half a dozen or so fails, thats what made me think maybe it was a transponder i had lost,

what would tie in with you saying perhaps a weaker transponder and poor alignment of my dish,

I dont think [at a quick skim] I had any signal over 90% , and i had a spotless horizon

Use the meter display built into the receiver, far more accurate.  the trick is to get a tv somewhere so you can see it while adjusting the dish (or a reliable helper to keep telling you what it says)

I can put a tv in the kitchen where I can see it through the patio doors, the dish is only about 14' high above the patio doors to the side.

tbh, when i put the dish up I only guessed, and I had a picture first time so I never moved it at all,  :|