Goodwe Gw3600S-Uk Inverter Wifi Query

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

curtis5489

Reaction score
Hi all,

Very recently had a solar system installed and the inverter I've had fitted is the Goodwe GW3600s-UK. Just wondering if anyone has come across this make of inverter and in particular setting up the built in WiFi for monitoring purposes via the android mobile app; Solarman tool?

The specific issue i'm having is when following the instructions to configure the app it doesn't want to work and wont establish a connection to the data logger, or so it says on diagnosis at the end. It seems to fail when linking the inverter WiFi to my home router, i'm wondering if i have to open any ports on my home router? Or do i give it up as a bad job!

Thanks for any input in advance.

Regards, Tom

Get a decent inverter is first comment, secondly call their technical helpline - don't be put off if its based in Germany, the Germans speak excellent English.

Got me concerned now! Making me feel thankful I insisted on the 20 year warranty! Out of curiosity is the goodwe inverter a very bad choice and If so what are the reasons, that you have come across?

Back on subject originally they forgot the WiFi aerial, but when they returned to fit the immersun unit they brought it with them. Thought it would be simple to follow instructions so opted to do it myself. Set up server on inverter, got flashing yellow led, connected to inverter WiFi on my phone, went through config via android app solarman tool, then when linking my router to inverter it seems to fail.. Does it need setting up via laptop first before the app will work? If so I'll call them as need the ezlogger router I think. Guessing the inverter was the reason got a good deal! May haunt me yet! Ha. Will also try find the number for goodwe, have a feeling it is indeed in Germany. Thanks for the replies.

Solar is a long term investment, consider if you wanted a car to last 20+ years, you wouldn't buy the cheapest but more likely opt to spend a few pounds more to get a better vehicle. It's the same with panels and inverters. GoodWe is Chinese, but recently linked to SMA of Germany - hence the call centre being there. Like most Chinese products, it will work, but not as efficiently as a European inverter and it's not so likely to reliably last a long time. When it does go wrong serive is likely to be rubbish, as we have found out with other Chinese units, but the main difference is the quality of the bolt-on bits, like the WiFi link, which should be simple but......

Locked to prevent being resurrected (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.