What Is Purpose Of Pefc And Pscc Testing?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, PEFC is "prospective earth fault current" and "PSCC is prospective short circuit current".

The first one is the maximum current that is liable to flow if you had a fault between a phase conductor and earth, and the second one is the maximum current that is liable to flow if you had a fault between either a phase conductor and neutral, or two phase conductors.

1, Go and think about the definition of "phase conductor" [or "line" if you like] and why it is incorrect to call it "live"

2, What is a "live" conductor, try to explain, and what colour would you expect a live conductor to be?

3, Why would you care what value PEFC or PSCC was anyway?

4, Give an example of how each type of fault could occur.

Once you have done this you willl understand a lot more. There is a big difference between "knowing" and "understanding" i COULD write you an essay on the above, but it would not help you one bit. See it like this; You could teach me a sentence in Turkish, that does not mean i understand what it is that i am saying of how to apply this new found knowledge in practice.

john..

And once you have measured PEFC and PSCC try and think why you might want to know that when selecting for instance the circuit breakers that you are using.