Cooker Hood Lights Flickering

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddy2015

Reaction score
Hi 

Have an Indesit Cooker Hood H961   THINK it is identical to a Hotpoint version.....

Buttons on the front of hood for  fan speed and the extreme right button operates the two lights...  The hood is less than 3 years old.

When pressing the light button the lights come on ,flicker. sometime they stay on ,sometimes you have to press it a few times to make a good contact....... it appears the button is not making a good contact............  there doesnt appear to be any easy access to rear of buttons..... any advice would be appreciated ...

Cheers

Eddy

Thanks for the tip  yet i do think it is the button contact,just gently touching the light button will make both lights flicker or even go out..... touching the button brings it back on ... the lights are two pin halogen  not screw in.

Thanks again

Eddy

The hood is very clean Yet i guess there is the possibility some dirt or food preparation may have got down around the button during the past 3 years .... is there anything i could squirt in and around the light button something like wd40  or maybe something better and safer..... is there such a cleaning product for contacts......  ?  The adjacent buttons for the fan speed work perfectly.

Cheers

Eddy

Some of the switched used are pretty rubbish, I have changed two switch modules in different cooker hoods.

My only condition is the customer sources the replacement switch assembly as I can't be bothered with all the chasing around and don't want to be responsible if the part supplied is wrong.

I got a bit worried when I see white goods forum haha, but in all honestly this is quite a good forum thanks for the information you all provide