Big Yellow Book - Group Buy - Gauging Interest

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apache

Cow Fiddler ™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IET Wiring Regulations (BS7671:2008 Incorporating Amendment Number 3:2015)

We are looking into the possibility of running a group buy on the latest version of the regs. To make this really worth doing we would need to sell 50 copies. If we can achieve that then we can get the book sold for somewhere in the £65-70 mark, including delivery. IET have offered us a discount if we can sell 20 copies, but by the time we get postage paid for we are approaching the Amazon price of £75-80.

We appreciate a price of say £70 is not a massive saving but every little helps, and the forum can make a couple of quid for the efforts.

The conditions would be:

• FULL payment by a set date. No money in our account, no book.
  • Need 50 people (or more) signed up for this to be worthwhile.
  • Payment by bank transfer. We can also accept Paypal, but the price would have to be higher to cover their fees.

At the moment this thread is gauging interest. You are not entering a commitment to buy. If 50 are not interested this is unlikely to go ahead.

There is the possibility of bundling the OSG and GN3 if there is interest - with discount.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sulked when i voted

I am only interested in the BYB...it wanted me to answer the second section as well BUT there is no option for JUST the BYB unless you vote 'other'

I already have the IET digital Silver subscription BUT so far it is proving to be a festering pile of rancid porcine defecation that has been sat in a warm room for a while then mixed with something really smelly....well at least that is how it appears on the ipad

What an rear end, I've just ordered mine at waterstones :( £85 BYB £27 OSG
Sorry, I did too. Just waiting for the text that they're in.

(Plus I want to go back 'cos the bird who served me was well fit, blonde, glasses etc................ :lol: . She did have trouble finding the OSG though, she showed me that nothing was coming up on her screen and had typed in "onsight guide").

I see this as something the schemes should do for us. They do little else so what offers are they suggesting?

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't have you down as the type to go on site never mind stay off it? Or are the high heels steel toe capped?
Steel toe capped and on special occasions 1000V VDE rated as well!

Sometimes they even have those funky pull on blue carpet/floor protectors on them....you get a bit of push through with the heels though

There is a 6 month transition - so you don't need the new book until summer.
Quite so...!

Anyone bothering to read the 'Forward' & 'Introduction' sections of their BS761 will be well aware that Publish (issue) dates are NEVER the same as come into effect dates!!!

Guinness