Combi Boiler Problems. Any Help?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fil5866

Reaction score
When I turn the combi boiler on it lights up but the flame goes out after about 30 secounds?? It stay lit if I put the hot tap on but turn tap off and it'll go out again so I have hot water but now radiators?? No error lights come in and the green power light is on the boiler. Turn the boiler off and back on and again it only stays lot for about 30 secounds. Any advice????

My neighbour had a similar issue, he used a small plastic giraffe to keep the valve open and prayed it did not go out.

I strongly recommend you DO NOT TRY THIS and seek the services of a gas safe registered heating person.

There maybe someone on here who can help...

:)

Thanks for replys. The pump seems fine cause sometimes the flame will stay alight for a while and the rads get warm then?? She does not have an external thermostat she turns heating on and off via a spired switch in the kitchen. What does the divertor valve do??? I was thinking it's the thermocouple inside the boiler but would this just effect the radiators and not the hot water??

Thanks

I would guess its the flow valve chances are the diaphragm is perished

Fil5866, a thermocouple is to detect temperature, since a combi boiler is essentially a box that heats water then sends it to taps or rads (Not both at the same time) it is not probable to be the thermocouple causing the problem.

You really need a heating engineer NOT a plumber to look at your boiler, there is noting else that you can safely do.