A Broadband Conundrum For You This Time .

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try to keep it simple & short.

No Broadband connection when I got in .   ( Still isn't) 

Try the usual ,  switch it off & back on , usually sorts it   ...no. 

Carry laptop to office , remove lead from PC, insert in laptop ,  laptop connects to broadband . 

Cannot get PC to connect , phone BT , ( Newcastle thankfully)   A reported major fault in your area , should be done by tomorrow afternoon.  

OK   But how come the lapperbapper works ..............LOOK  !  here I am using it !!!!!

Could tou have mistakenly gone wireless onto,somebody else's router?

Opposite happened at BiL's yesterday

Broadband perfect

Phone line.....nowt!

Should have 50V on it........it had 3.7!

Put HST3000 on it, fault at 26m. Paced out 26m, cable ran through some trees and the constant rubbing had worn insulation away and got wet.

Rang talk talk, all automated. Bloke turned up,today. Put meter on and said...."you have a fault 25m away it is in those trees"

Just testing

Love it  !!    

I do know that where the phone obviously needs two wires and 50V   ...broadband will work on one core .

I wasn't using next doors Wi-Fi  ... I remembered the cure all remedy when the PC won't connect to the modem .....yank the power plug out of the PC and leave it 5 mins .   It does this when BT have a fault   and me somewhat forgetful ...I sit there like a lemon  trying to access the internet and getting the same errors. 

As I say , forgetful , I SWITCHED off the modem and the PC  but didn't pull the plug on the PC .  Thats what you need to do ...the circuit boards go into am error loop that you can't break  unless you remove the power.

Just another of my computer tips of the week.

Last edited by a moderator: