Bletchley Park

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnOff

Mad Inventor™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the spirit of the section I think. This coming Friday my boy is going to visit Bletchley Park with the school something to do with his ICT. Colossus et al! I remember it being really run down but it got some funding to preserve it for the nation sort of thing. Wish I was going. Nice way to finish on a Friday before half term.

In the spirit of the section I think. This coming Friday my boy is going to visit Bletchley Park with the school something to do with his ICT. Colossus et al! I remember it being really run down but it got some funding to preserve it for the nation sort of thing. Wish I was going. Nice way to finish on a Friday before half term.
Didn't realise you were still studying!?

I believe the Colossus was dismantled when the war finished .  Apparently someone in government said  "  Theres no use for it any more "  or words to that effect .    It has since been rebuilt.

Was it built by a GPO  telephone engineer who was given no regognition whatsoever  for designing & building the worlds first computer. ?

It was a politician that decided we did not need computers, he thought weapons were more important :(

Where would we be now eh?

Useless toffs!

Edit: was it flowers who was castrated for being gay?

Edit II : It was Alan Turing http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing

There's a lot to these stories when you look into them :)

Just waffling on :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Failsworth!

Have a look at the tag at about 4 oclock from the arrow..it is steps summer

retreat

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
I really should de-scoob you for that.

Alan Turing Way

if you are really bothered,,,,

bunch o fu king heathens ye,.  !!!!