Sign in to follow this  
Rutts35

Boxer Dog. Panting And Walking Funny.

Rutts35

Hi. We have a 4yr old boxer who was fine this morning and as far as I'm aware hasn't ingested anything he shouldn't. I got in from work and the Wife said he's not right. He's panting a lot and walking like he's a little drunk. Also he doesn't seem comfortable when he lays down. He tries but gets up and will only sit. He's not played with other animals or fallen so I don't believe he's injured himself. His breathing isn't weezey or hoarse. 

Any ideas?

Cheers

Rutts

roys

Think I would have the dog straight to the vets.  If you have already done this how did you get on?

Hope all is OK.

Apache

Agree - trip to the vets in order. Heart problems common in boxers

Rutts35

Thanks for the replies. He didn't go to the vets and I don't know what caused but I think it was gut trouble. I think he was sick in the garden not long after posting ( he came back in acting like he'd eaten but there was not food outside). When I went out this morning there was a dark patch where he'd been standing the night before. God knows what caused it. As far as we were aware he'd only eaten his food and nothing else.

roys

Is he OK now?

Blue Duck

MIL's Dog went all funny, hard to walk, sad listless etc.

We took her her to the vet and the vet thought she was a gonna.

Took her home to say goodbye she went out in the garden, did a massive diarrhea and then was fine.

We thought she had be poisoned apparently happens quite a lot round here :(