Firefox Problem

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone use Firefox and find its running slow and keeps  " Not responding ". ?

From clicking the icon for this Forum on desktop it takes over 2 minutes for the Forum to load.    It used to be almost instant .   

Should I dump FF  and return to IE  ?

Top of the list "restart your computer" :lol:

I stopped using FF a while back, it used to be king then chrome came along.

From what I recall it used to get bloated with updates so sometimes a fresh install with the latest version did the trick.

:)

Thanks guys , thanks Canoey :Salute    ,  did the "Refresh Firefox" thing ,   PC now zipping along at a blistering pace .

Just tried "access emails"........4 seconds ........Forum was loading in 5 mins  ...now in seconds.     :Applaud

Fecking Firefox  ...is it a piece of rubbish or what ?  

I got it working quickly ...now it s slower than Stepps walking to the bar to pay his round .     15 mins to get the Forum up .   I don't want to use something else  as its not the same since I refreshed it ...couple of things disapeared.

you sure you haven't got half a dozen programmes working in background Evans? hit control / alt / del together to fire up task manager then have  alook at the cpu/ memory useage and see what's running